Licensed or Associate Clinician (M.S., M.A., PhD, PsyD, LICSW, LCMHC or LMFT)
Position Description & Benefits – (Hybrid or Permanently Remote Position)
Women’s Counseling of Nashua is specialty clinical practice where our therapists and medication providers routinely collaborate to provide well rounded and holistic client care. We strive to offer a vibe that promotes personal growth and work life balance; the same practice we try to teach our clients. We are a BIPOC, LGBTQ+ welcoming and allied work environment.
The clinical therapist will provide outpatient individual therapy for clients of Women’s Counseling of Nashua, LLC. Clinical treatment areas may include some (not necessarily all) of the following areas: perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, infertility counseling, parenting, career stress, eating disorders, adjustment to medical issues, trauma, school issues, mood disorders, mood disorders due to hormonal issues, relationship problems, neurodivergent populations, grief and loss, general stress management, autoimmune and other medical conditions, and LGBTQ+ populations. This list is not all inclusive.
Looking through a feminist lens, Women’s Counseling of Nashua’s professional team provides services keeping our practice mission and values in mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Perform clinical counseling services for clients of Women’s Counseling of Nashua, LLC via HIPPA compliant video or in person at the office. Follow practice policies, procedures and own licensure’s code of ethics.
▪ Management of own caseload including scheduling and rescheduling clients, responding to email and phone calls from clients and colleagues within 24 hours.
▪ Communication with client’s treatment team as needed (PCP, psychiatrist, school counselor, etc.).
▪ Timely completion of client records (within 48 hour of session / contact) including intake evaluations, daily progress notes and contact notes.
▪ Completion of treatment plans within one week of the initial session or when renewal is required.
▪ Attend peer consultation meetings or clinical supervision when needed or requested.
▪ Provide services in a way that are reflective and affirming of cultural, societal, and religious backgrounds; gender and sexual orientation.
▪ Retention of new client intakes at a rate of 70% or higher. The practice defines a client as retained when 8 or more sessions have been attended.
▪ Follow applicable confidentiality guidelines under state and federal law, including HIPAA;
▪ Remain current with all paperwork as required by the NH Board of Mental Health Practice towards licensure. Document and track such information.
▪ Completion of a minimum of the equivalent of 10 clinical hours per week. 20 clinical hours is required to be considered “full-time” by the practice.
▪ All Clinicians are expected to be able to provide reliable and consistent care to clients. As such, clinicians are expected to be available the equivalent of 46 weeks per calendar year, less any extraordinary life events or health circumstances.
▪ Notify the Practice immediately of any past or future adverse finding relating to one’s professional standing as well as any past or future malpractice claims made.
▪ Follow practice policies as set forth in the Women’s Counseling of Nashua Employee Handbook.
What We Offer:
▪ Company owners and leaders who care about our staff personally and professionally.
▪ Steady stream of referrals / full caseload can be achieved in a very short time.
▪ Awesome administrative support to include collection of all copayments and assistance with appointment scheduling when needed.
▪ Competitive compensation. Our MA level, fully licensed clinicians earn about $70 per clinical hour. PhD and PsyD are higher. Our pre-licensed (Associate) therapists earn an average of $50 per clinical hour.
▪ Paid time off.
▪ Employee status (W-2) including company contribution to employment insurance and social security.
▪ Health, Dental and Vision benefits for full time staff (defined as 20+ completed sessions per week)
▪ Flexible schedule / work-life balance supported.
▪ No waiting for insurance reimbursements – we pay for sessions completed during the prior 2 weeks; similar to being a salaried employee. Practice assumes all risk.
▪ Minimal paperwork using practice’s EHR.
▪ Free trauma informed, group supervision led by a seasoned trauma therapist, twice monthly.
▪ Free weekly clinical supervision towards licensure.
▪ In-house medication management providers.
▪ $1,000 yearly stipend for CEUs or trainings (full-time clinicians)
▪ Opportunity to assume supervisory / leadership or other roles in the practice.
▪ Opportunity to run groups / develop own program within the practice if desired.
▪ A forward-thinking practice that is always striving to offer a superior work environment.
Minimum Education and Experience:
▪ Master’s or Doctoral Degree in social work or clinical mental health counseling.
▪ Prior experience working in an outpatient mental health setting providing 1:1 therapy with clients (Internship experience OK).
▪ Experience working with women’s mental health.
▪ Prior experience in a private practice setting.
▪ An active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LICSW, LCMHC, LMFT) in the state of NH and MA
▪ Two years post-licensure. Interest and experience in treating women with postpartum mood disorders.
▪ Ability to complete an average of 20 or more clinical hours per week.
▪ Prior credentialing with insurance companies preferable.
Required Character Traits
▪ Alignment with Women’s Counseling of Nashua’s mission and values.
▪ Innate interest / passion around working with a variety women’s issues.
▪ Possess high integrity and tend towards consistent, ethical decision making.
▪ Strongly value learning and look for opportunities to strengthen clinical knowledge and skills.
▪ Show respect towards clients and speak of them in a respectful way, but also have a sense of humor and can laugh at the funny situations they may find themselves in.
▪ Exercise good judgment and able to use consistent common sense when interacting with clients and when making clinical decisions.
▪ Possess a tendency towards inclusivity by nature, have a flexible personality and appreciate a workplace that values authenticity and transparency.
▪ Prefer to avoid workplace drama and negativity.
▪ Desires diversity among clientele and colleagues including those who identify as BIPOC or LGBTQ+.
▪ Have attended therapy; willingness to explore counter transference experiences and to deepen self-insight.
Please send resume with letter of intent to: Laura Duncan, LICSW, Women’s Counseling of Nashua, LLC 61 Spit Brook Road, Suite 202 Nashua, NH 03060 or via email at [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday